#0-3 – Lost
Original Work By Jeff Dillon
Preview in 3D
Preview in AR
“Lost” was one of the very few paintings my Father saw before his illness which was sadly followed by his death a few years later. I remember his face when I showed him; one never gets too old to show your parents what you have created. I’ve always had a lot of hobbies and interests, more than a single lifetime would allow. Near the very end of his life my Father told me that I should pick one passion and do it. He said, “you should paint”.
To say his death hit me hard is an understatement, but it was then that I made a promise to myself to make 100 paintings in five years. I didn’t know what I was doing, I didn’t have a “style”, and I didn’t know what it would take to reach that goal. I worked every single day for three hours minimum. After working on a number of paintings, I found myself focused on the colour and expression of each piece. At the time I completed this painting titled “Lost”, I began seeing results; people were referring to my work as colourful, expressive, and healing. The pain of my father’s death gave my life new meaning and painting became my passion.
Many years and hundreds of paintings later, my heart is content with the knowledge that I have fulfilled my promise to my father. With the ongoing, tremendous love and encouragement of my Mother, painting saved my life and I am forever grateful to my parents for pushing and encouraging me to find my one true passion. From the very first painting I ever made, I knew that this was what I was meant to do with my life. The act of painting is cathartic for me; it allows me to channel all of my emotions into something beautiful. Every painting is a piece of my soul and I am so grateful to be able to share them with the world. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for everything. I love you.
Original Size: 11″ x 14″
Jeff Dillon the Canadian Artist, inspired by the bold colours and brush strokes of Post-Impressionist Artists. His unique style focuses on capturing light, not through the detail of realism, but with gesture, illusion, shape and colour. He offers a personal and distinctive style to the world through his bold use of colours and lines, often symbolic images or subject matter. Objects in the paintings retain their realistic appearance yet have a vibrancy and fluidity about them, unique to his work. Jeff Dillon’s new expression of Post-Impressionism is both beloved and revered in the Canadian and Global Contemporary Art World.
- Original completed April 2006
- Free shipping for original paintings shipped within Canada.
- Completed on flat canvas board
- Search words: Forests, Trees, Autumn, Yellows, Oranges, Greens, Browns
Delivery of Your Painting or Print:
- I offer free shipping for original paintings shipped within the Canada. Please contact me for a quote for international shipping.
- Orders typically are shipped within 2 weeks and shipping time will depend on the destination (local vs international).
- Shipping will be calculated upon check out based on your address. Shipping of your original paintings always require a signature otherwise the couriers would leave the paintings at the door.
- Shortly after you have completed checking out on the website I will provide you with an estimated shipping date and tracking number.
- I generally use Canpar, Purolator, UPS or Canada Post as our shipping carriers. Choosing the courier will depend on the final destination, the timing and the price. I use a professional shipping company with many years experience and have not damaged a single original painting in shipping worldwide.
- All original paintings will be carefully packaged and shipped in a wooden crate of ultimate protection.
- There are no returns or exchanges on original paintings.