#219 – Home Range
Original Work By Jeff Dillon
Preview in 3D
Preview in AR
Perched on a nest of intertwined grass and wheat, we see the elegant form of a
Barn Owl. Interestingly, and despite its striking image, the Barn Owl does not defend its territory like other owls. Instead, the Barn Owl returns to a zone referred to as its “home range”. The home range is where they roost, hunt, and raise their young.
The owl sits against the backdrop of a foggy morning, which is painted using a gradient method in titanate white and green. The wing feathers are painted in layers of deep orange and rust coloured pigments; rich brown and milky white flecks run throughout. Soft tints of heavy-body white paint were used to achieve the glowing head and face, which appear illuminated against the woody tones of the body plumage. Juxtaposed against these white feathers, the owl’s carbon black eyes emit a soft glimmer of light.
Original Size: 24″ x 36″
Jeff Dillon the Canadian Artist, inspired by the bold colours and brush strokes of Post-Impressionist Artists. His unique style focuses on capturing light, not through the detail of realism, but with gesture, illusion, shape and colour. He offers a personal and distinctive style to the world through his bold use of colours and lines, often symbolic images or subject matter. Objects in the paintings retain their realistic appearance yet have a vibrancy and fluidity about them, unique to his work. Jeff Dillon’s new expression of Post-Impressionism is both beloved and revered in the Canadian and Global Contemporary Art World.
- Original completed February 2022
- Free shipping for original paintings shipped within Canada.
- Search words: Owl, Tree, Winter, Moss, Brown, White, Orange, Tan, Green
Grant Berg Gallery
– #102, 9909 102 Street, Downtown Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 2V4
Delivery of Your Painting or Print:
- I offer free shipping for original paintings shipped within the Canada. Please contact me for a quote for international shipping.
- Orders typically are shipped within 2 weeks and shipping time will depend on the destination (local vs international).
- Shipping will be calculated upon check out based on your address. Shipping of your original paintings always require a signature otherwise the couriers would leave the paintings at the door.
- Shortly after you have completed checking out on the website I will provide you with an estimated shipping date and tracking number.
- I generally use Canpar, Purolator, UPS or Canada Post as our shipping carriers. Choosing the courier will depend on the final destination, the timing and the price. I use a professional shipping company with many years experience and have not damaged a single original painting in shipping worldwide.
- All original paintings will be carefully packaged and shipped in a wooden crate of ultimate protection.
- There are no returns or exchanges on original paintings.