#221 – “Solidarity”
Original Work By Jeff Dillon
UPDATE: As of May 10, 2022, this campaign has raised & donated $19,000 for the UNHCR Ukraine Crisis!
The UN says that as of 5 May, 2022, more than 12 million people (many are children) are believed to have fled their homes in Ukraine since the conflict began, according to the United Nations. Over 5.7 million have left for neighbouring countries and another 6.5 million people are thought to be displaced inside the war-torn country itself. This situation is quickly becoming a humanitarian crisis of unthinkable proportions.
The United Nations High Commission for Refugees has stepped up their operations in Ukraine, and in support of neighbouring countries who have opened their borders to those people who are seeking refuge from the onslaught of attacks and missile strikes devastating their cities.
Here, within the safety of Canada it may seem there is little we can do to help. However, I’d like to offer this opportunity to support the UNHCR in their efforts. I am donating this painting titled, “Solidarity” for auction. The landscape symbolizes the blue and yellow of the Ukrainian flag, and the sunflowers represent the national flower. I hope this image becomes one of many shared on social media platforms to show support and solidarity with the people of Ukraine.
One hundred percent of the proceeds raised from the auction will be donated to the UNHCR Ukraine appeal. I am inspired by the courage of the Ukrainian people. I hope you will join me in this support and may our voices become a worldwide call for peace.
The original painting size is 60” x 30″.
Delivery of Your Painting or Print:
- I offer free shipping for original paintings shipped within the Canada. Please contact me for a quote for international shipping.
- Orders typically are shipped within 2 weeks and shipping time will depend on the destination (local vs international).
- Shipping will be calculated upon check out based on your address. Shipping of your original paintings always require a signature otherwise the couriers would leave the paintings at the door.
- Shortly after you have completed checking out on the website I will provide you with an estimated shipping date and tracking number.
- I generally use Canpar, Purolator, UPS or Canada Post as our shipping carriers. Choosing the courier will depend on the final destination, the timing and the price. I use a professional shipping company with many years experience and have not damaged a single original painting in shipping worldwide.
- All original paintings will be carefully packaged and shipped in a wooden crate of ultimate protection.
- There are no returns or exchanges on original paintings.